- You can listen to and/or download the 81 MMAD companion audio tracks here (in MP3 format). A ZIP file is available for easy download of all the tracks at once, or you can access individual tracks in the MMAD MP3s folder.
Double-Strung Harp Luthiers
Some luthiers build double harps as part of their regular product line; others build doubles by special order only. Contact luthiers directly for availability.
- Argent Fox (Kirkwood IL, USA)
- Blevins Harps (Grand Junction CO, USA)
- Dusty Strings (Seattle WA, USA)
- Hayden Harps (Waterloo ON, Canada)
- Lewis Creek Harps (Chelsea MI, USA)
- Marini Made Harps (New Holland PA, USA)
- Mountain Glen Harps (Phoenix OR, USA)
- Rees Harps Inc. (Rising Sun IN, USA)
- Sligo Harps (Silver Spring MD, USA)
- Stoney End (Red Wing MN, USA)
- Waring Harps (Guilford VT, USA)
Welsh Triple Harp & Music Resources
The Welsh triple harp is the direct ancestor of today's double-strung harp.
- Welsh triple harp performers include Elinor Bennett, Robin Huw Bowen, Eleri Darkins, Cheryl Ann Fulton, Ann Griffiths, and Llio Rhydderch.
- Welsh harp music & reference books can be found at Cerdd Ystwyth Music, Creighton's Collection, Clive Morley Harps, and Harp.com.
- Welsh cultural links include The Wales Harp Festival, The Welsh Folk Dance Society, and The Welsh North American Association.
Selected Welsh Music & Reference Books
I used many of these collections and reference books in writing Make Mine a Double.
- The Bardic Museum (1802), Edward Jones
- Blodau’r Grug: 100 o Alawon Dawnsio Poblogaidd Cymru [Flowers of the Heather: 100 Popular Welsh Folk Dance Tunes], Alex Hamilton and Robin Huw Bowen
- Cadw Twmpath: 100 Arall o Alawon Dawnsio Gwerin Cymreig [Preserving the Barn Dance: 100 More Welsh Folk Dance Tunes], Robin Huw Bowen
- Caneuon y Ddraig [Songs of the Dragon], The Welsh National Gymanfa Ganu Association [now The Welsh North American Association]
- A Collection of Welsh, English and Scotch [sic] Airs with New Variations, Also Four New Lessons for the Harp composed by John Parry, to Which Are Added Twelve Airs for the Guittar [sic] (1761), John Parry (John Parry Ddall Rhiwabon)
- The Harp in Wales, Bruce Cardwell
- The Harpmakers of Wales, Mair Roberts
- Manual or Method of Instruction for Playing the Welsh Harp (1902), Ellis Roberts (Eos Meirion)
- Musical and Poetical Relicks of the Welsh Bards (1784), Edward Jones
- The Story of the Harp in Wales, Osian Ellis
- Welsh and English Hymns and Anthems, The Welsh National Gymanfa Ganu Association [now The Welsh North American Association]
- The Welsh Harper (1839), John Parry (Bardd Alaw)
- Y Delyn [The Harp], Ann Rosser
- Y Delyn Deires: ymarferion i ddechreuwyr [The Welsh Triple Harp: Exercises for Beginners], Eleri Darkins
- Y Delyn Yng Nghymru Mewn Lluniau [The Harp in Wales in Pictures], D. Roy Saer